Sunday, October 22, 2006

Good evening.

Yeah, so basically I havn't posted for over half a year. But yeah, basically I was just uhh... really, really busy. So now that's all cleared up, I do have stuff to say!

As the few of you who read this blog will know, I stayed in Japan for 3 weeks, and got back a little over a week ago. To put it briefly, I had an awesome time over there, and it was great to experience the Japanese culture, which I've been wanting to do ever since I began learning Japanese. So, the food? Well, the food was really interesting. Some was nice, some was odd, and some was just really not my cup of tea. The food we ate at my homestay is about the most detailed food that I can remember. We had a feast each meal, and I ate over double of what I would usually eat. But surprisingly I managed to lose 3kgs while I was over there, due to their healthly food.

Anyways, For breakfast, we ate rice, fish (mainly salmon), Toast, egg, and misoshiru (more commonly known as miso soup, which I HATE!) and tofu. So yeah, lunch also included rice, various meats (both raw and cooked), Veges, egg, salad, fried tofu, and various other things that I can't remember. Tea was similar to lunch, and included miso soup. We had a few stew type things aswell which were really nice! Though they had lots of shrimp and other dodgy seafood in them. But yeah, our meals were really nice!
And also, yes Japan does have Mc Donalds, but it's fairly similiar to here. You have the same type of burgers, drinks, fries etc...

Aside from the food, I had a really enjoyable time visiting shrines, beaches, temples, the Hiroshima peace museum, and shopping. I took some photos that I may add later on if I have some assistance.

Anyway, now's where I jump forward a week and a bit in order to reach today.
So here we go... I had an awesome time at youth group camp, as I'm sure most did :D
I really liked hearing Christoph's testimony and his other sermons. Another totally awesome time was when we prayed for the Holy Spirit to come into our lives. Our group prayed for what I think was a long time, but am not fully sure as the time was not important. Some of us felt the presence more than others, which was cool. The youth leaders really deserve a pat on their backs for their awesome efforts in praying for everyone.

Aside from that, I enjoyed what Jo had to say about Christianity, And I did suspect him of being my angel... So yeah camp gets the big thumbs up from me, and I hope to be there next year :D

Anyways, I must hit the sack so good night to all of you, even Edson.

3 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

Awesum glad you had such a great time in Japan. What an experience for you!!

Glad you had a good time at camp & you got lots out of the talks & stuff... it's real cool seeing you grow in your relationship with God. You're a good one Mark. Bring on camp 07!

4:43 PM  
Blogger blessedchick said...

wow, i am shocked you actually posted on your blog. So cool how God was/is working in the YG at the moment. Glad you enjoyed camp

10:43 PM  
Blogger godsgirl said...

So glad u r growing in God. Is awesome to see. Has Jas talked to u about youthTRAIN? We both have our speeches due on Nov 4th. Good luck :) U could talk about ur trip in Japan. Just a thought ;)

2:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home